- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Salmon with Miracle Glaze Recipe Video
|Salmon filllets||2 Pound, with skin (cut into 4 pieces)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (for frying)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soya sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh herbs/Mixed greens||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1017 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 367.7 mg122.6%
Sodium 627.4 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 139 g278%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
2. In a small pan add balsamic vinegar and sugar, stir together and place over medium heat until it reduces to half ensuring the mix doesn't thicken in the process.
3. Take it off the heat and add soy sauce. Set aside until later.
4. Recipe Follows
FOR SALMON FILETS
5. Rub the fleshy side of salmon with salt and pepper and the skin side with flour, shake off the excess flour.
6. Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat and place the salmon with skin side down. Cook till the skin gets crispy and then turn and cook the other side.
7. Transfer the fish to a baking sheet with the skin side up and put in warm oven.
8. Heat the glaze and add butter, whisk until it is frothy. And drizzle some glaze on top of the crispy skins of the salmon filets.
9. Garnish the crispy salmon with herbs or mixed greens and serve on a bed of creamy asparagus risotto.