- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Fish N Chips Recipe
|Frozen cod fillets/Haddock fillets||2 Pound|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Potato chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.3 mg
Sodium 676.3 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 52 g104.4%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thaw the frozen fish fillets for 15 minutes.
2. Slice each block into 3 portions.
3. Pat them dry on a clean kitchen towel or on paper toweling.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degree F
5. In a shallow dish, combine milk, lemon and salt.
6. Whisk lightly with a fork until well blended.
7. On a plate, crush the chips and spread evenly.
8. To coat each fish fillet dip first in milk, allowing excess to drip back into the dish.
9. Place in chips and coat on both sides, lightly pressing so that they stick to the fish in an even layer.
10. Shake off the excess.
11. Arrange the fillets on a greased baking sheet.
12. Spoon a little butter on top of each.
13. Bake the fillets in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp and fish is cooked through, turning them once.
14. Serve hot accompanied by lemon, and tomato sauce or mayonnaise sauce if you like.