- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Crispy Crab Cake Sandwich Recipe Video
|Italian seasoned bread crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided (1- 1 1/4)|
|Eggs||1 , well beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White lump crab meat||1 Pound (3/4-1)|
|Sandwich buns||6 (onion sandwich buns)|
|Remoulade sauce||To Taste (Dill Pickle Remoulade Sauce)|
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.7 mg
Sodium 1008.8 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 15 g29.1%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 14% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs, beaten egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and ground red pepper. Mix to combined.
2. Fold in white lump crab meat and shape mixture into 6 equally-sized patties. At this point, you may chill the crab patties for an hour or so (or even overnight).
3. Dredge each patty with the remaining Italian breadcrumbs and place them in a shallow bowl.
4. In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
5. Cook crab cakes for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel to drain.
6. Spread dill pickle Remoulade sauce on bun and place a patty on it. Cover with the top bun.
7. Serve immediately with coleslaw and a tall glass of iced tea!