- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Caramel Corn Recipe
|Popcorn||3 1⁄2 Quart, popped|
|Cocktail peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 7449 Calories from Fat 1153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g208.5%
Saturated Fat 41.5 g207.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 905.3 mg37.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1430 g476.7%
Dietary Fiber 253.2 g1012.9%
Sugars 113.1 g
Protein 205 g410.4%
Vitamin A 37.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 251.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 125 degrees centigrade.
2. In a greased bowl, toss popcorn, peanuts and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter, add sugar, corn syrup, salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Add the popcorn mix and stir well until coated.
5. In two 15x10x1-inch jelly pans, divide and spread evenly the mixture.
6. In the preheated oven, bake the mixture for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, to allow even toasting.
7. Cool and serve.