- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Aspic Recipe
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon flavored gelatin||6 Ounce|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
|Cucumbers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cucumbers||2 Medium, grated (Pared 2 Cups)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Dill||2 Teaspoon, snipped|
|Fresh dill||2 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, washed|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Crisp salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.6 mg
Sodium 369.8 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 33.8% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line the bottom of a 5 ½ cup ring mold with cucumber slices.
2) Place the ring mold in a refrigerator.
3) In a bowl, stream boiling water over gelatin; stir to dissolve.
4) Stir in vinegar, salt, and few drops green food color.
5) In a bowl of ice, place the gelatin bowl, stirring occasionally, until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg white for about 35 minutes.
6) Gently fold in grated cucumber, celery, horseradish, onion, and dill, until well blended.
7) Spoon the celery mixture into the chilled ring mold.
8) Put the ring mold in refrigerator until firm at least 3 hours.
9) Gently run a small spatula around edge of mold.
10) Invert over platter and place a hot, damp dishcloth over inverted mold, and shake gently to release.
11) Fill center with tomatoes and garnish the edge with salad greens.
12) Drizzle the Cucumber Aspic with sour cream and serve cold.