- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Skillet Chicken With Gravy Recipe
|Chicken pieces||2 Pound|
|Seasoned flour||4 Tablespoon (For Dredging)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chicken gravy||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can Franco American)|
|Lemon slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127 mg42.3%
Sodium 405 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 35 g69%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the chicken and pat on kitchen towels.
2. Dredge the chicken pieces with seasoned flour.
3. In a large casserole, melt and heat the butter over medium heat.
4. Add the chicken and sautÃ© it until evenly browned.
5. Pour in the water and stir, dislodging the browned bits stuck to the base of the casserole.
6. Cover and reduce heat.
7. Simmer for 45 minutes until the chicken is tender, uncovering the pan during last 10 minutes of cooking so that the liquid evaporates.
8. Transfer the cooked chicken pieces to a serving platter or casserole and keep warm
9. Empty the chicken gravy can into the casserole and bring to a boil, stirring to dislodge the browned bits.
10. Pour the gravy over the chicken or serve in separately if you like.