- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Onion Roasted Potatoes Recipe
|All purpose potatoes||2 Pound, cut into quarters|
|Onion soup mix/Onion-mushroom soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope Upton)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram leaves||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 588.2 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 78.9%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. In a large, shallow baking dish or roasting pan, combine all ingredients for coating the potatoes.
3. Once ingredients are well combined, add the potato quarters to the pan and toss so that they are well coated with the mixture.
4. Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and bake the potatoes for 50-60 minutes until cooked.
5. Turn the potatoes occasionally so that they remain coated and brown evenly on all sides.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven when golden brown and tender.
7. Dish the hot potatoes into a serving dish. .
8. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
9. These potatoes make a wonderful accompaniment to roasts and grilled meats.