- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crisp Beef & Chorizo Burritos Recipe
|Tomato salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chorizo||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Chopped white onion||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Minced)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can, 225 Gram)|
|Sliced pitted ripe olives||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Flour tortillas||12 (8 inch each)|
|Shredded muenster cheese/Monterey jack cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mexican cream/Sour cream||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Radishes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.5%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 79.4 mg
Sodium 685.1 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove and discard casing from chorizo. Heat 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over high heat about 45 seconds; reduce heat to medium. Crumble chorizo into skillet; cook, stirring frequently 5 minutes.
3. Crumble beef into skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking meat up into small pieces, until no longer red, 6 to 8 minutes. Add onion, garlic and cumin; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Spoon off and discard excess fat.
4. Add tomato sauce to skillet; mix well. Heat over high heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Uncover skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated and meat is moistly coated with sauce, about 5 minutes. Stir in olives.
5. If not freshly made, soften and warm tortillas
6. For each burrito, place about 1/4 cup (60 mL) meat mixture on bottom half of 1 tortilla; spread to within 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) of bottom and side edges. Sprinkle with slightly rounded tablespoon (15 mL) cheese.
7. Fold bottom edge of tortilla up over filling; fold in right and left edges. Roll up to completely enclose filling; fasten top with wooden pick.
8. Heat oven to 250°F (120°C). Pour oil into deep, heavy skillet to depth of 1 inch (2.5 cm). Heat oil to 375°F (190°C); adjust heat to maintain temperature.
9. Fry 3 burritos at a time, turning once, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with tongs; drain on paper toweling. Keep warm in oven on paper-towel-lined baking sheet until all have been fried.