- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crisp Almond Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Finely chopped toasted almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5151 Calories from Fat 2533
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 285 g439%
Saturated Fat 148.6 g743%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 973.6 mg
Sodium 2770.5 mg115.4%
Total Carbohydrates 592 g197.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.6%
Sugars 242.7 g
Protein 75 g149.7%
Vitamin A 147.7% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 60.5% Iron 137%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Take a heavy saucepan, blend together butter, sugar, cream and 1/8 teaspoon soda.
3. Cook the mixture on low flame by stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Let the mixture boil for 10-15 minutes until heavy.
5. Keep stirring.
6. Once done, let the mixture cool.
7. Stir in lemon rind, soda, salt and egg yolks.
8. Put flour and mix well.
9. Refrigerate the dough.
10. Once cold, shape the dough in to round shape.
11. Take an ungreased baking sheet; arrange the balls on it at a spacing of 3 inch.
12. Apply pressure on the top using the bottom of glass.
13. Top with almonds.
14. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.