- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crepes Suzette With Orange Butter Recipe
|Flour||4 Tablespoon, rounded tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon (Cool)|
|For orange butter|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.3%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g100.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188 mg
Sodium 125.8 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl beat together butter, sugar and orange rind until smooth.
2) Fold in Grand Marnier and cognac.
3) In a bowl, mix together flour, 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, salt sugar and 4 tablespoons of milk.
4) Beat the flour mixture until smooth with whisk.
5) Stir in the milk and butter.
6) In another bowl beat the egg white until stiff.
7) Fold the egg white lightly, cover the bowl with a plastic film.
8) Allow to chill in refrigerator for ½ hour.
9) In a heated non-stick pan, spoon the flour batter just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
10) Turn the pan to coat the batter evenly.
11) Cook over slow heat for 2 minutes or until the sides of the crepes starts to leave he pan.
12) Carefully flip the crepes and cook for 1 minutes or until lightly browned.
13) Stack, dusting flour over each crepe, allow the crepes to cool over the cake rack.
14) Spread each crepe with 1 tablespoon of orange butter and fold twice into quarters.
15) Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on side if desired