- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crepes Louise Recipe
|Canned king crab||6 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Bechamel sauce||1 Pint|
|Hard-boiled eggs||2 , hardboiled|
|Snipped chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Toasted slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.8%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 282.9 mg
Sodium 647.9 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 23 g46.6%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 21% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Flake crab and remove any bony tissue.
3. Keep about 4 tablespoons of Bechamel sauce aside for using as topping later.
4. Chop the shallots and sauté them in butter until they turn soft.
5. Add the flaked crab meat in the shallots.
6. In a bowl, add the remaining sauce, egg yolk, Madeira, hard-boiled eggs, chives and crab mixture. Mix well.
7. Take a buttered baking dish and arrange the spread on the crepes in one layer.
8. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Mix the cream with the reserved 4 tablespoons sauce, spoon along centre of crepes.
10. Place the tin again in the oven this time uncovered for 5 minutes.
11. Garnish the crepes with slivered almonds and toasted.