- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crepes A La Reine Recipe
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.5 mg
Sodium 322.2 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain mushrooms from the can.
Combine 3/4 cup flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and mix in 1 cup milk and water.
2) Add flour mixture to the eggs alternatively with the milk mixture. Beat the concoction until it the batter is smooth.
3) Preheat oven at a temperature of 350 degrees.
4) Lightly grease a griddle.
5) Grease baking dish.
6) In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the drained mushrooms and onions. Saute till the mushrooms have browned lightly.
7) Blend 3 tablespoons of flour with sauted mushrooms and onions. Slowly stir in 2/3 cup of evaporated milk and chicken broth.
8) Over medium heat, cook and stir the mixture until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
9) Combine mixture with chives, sherry and chicken and cover. Allow mixture to chill.
10) Heat the greased griddle and pour about 1/4 cup of batter. Brown the batter on one side only and remove once the upper surface is slightly dry and has bubbles. Place on a towel, browned side down, and allow to cool. Repeat and make 12 crepes.
11) Divide chicken mixture into 12 portions. Place each portion on uncooked side of crepes, roll, place in a greased baking dish, seam side down and cover tightly.
12) Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350-degrees.
13) If desired, transfer to a chafing dish.
14) Serve hot.