- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Crepes Recipe
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter, More If Needed)|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted (25 Gram)|
|Clarified butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram, More If Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1451 Calories from Fat 913
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g159.2%
Saturated Fat 58.8 g294.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 871.1 mg
Sodium 1279.5 mg53.3%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 38 g75.7%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 37.9% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, sift plain flour and add to it whole wheat flour. This is the first step for making the batter.
2. Form a well in centre of flour and pour half the milk with salt.
3. Whisk properly for making a smooth mixture.
4. Add eggs and do not overheat the batter, else it will become elastic and crepes will harden.
5. Further, add melted butter with half remaining milk.
6. Cover the lid and allow the batter to stand for 1-2 hours to thicken it a bit.
7. For frying the crepes, first add remaining milk to make the consistency of the batter like that of thin cream.
8. Grease the crepe pan with clarified butter or oil.
9. Heat the pan until a drop of batter dropped in the pan sizzles.
10. Then, add 2-3 tablespoons batter in the pan. Keep turning it constantly in order to coat bot sides evenly.
11. Cook over medium-high flame until crepe is browned on the bottom.
12. Use a metal spatula to turn and place the crepes onto a plate.
13. Continue with remaining batter. Grease the pan whenever the crepes start to stick.
14. Pile cooked crepes one above the other so that the ones at the bottom remain moist and warm.