- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Pastry Crepe Cake Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||6 Ounce|
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 15 g75.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 285 mg
Sodium 123.6 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, bring milk to a boil.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt.
3. In another bowl, crack eggs and beat it well.
4. Once milk is boiling, add butter and vanilla extract. Stir it well.
5. Add flour and milk to the eggs and whisk it well.
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
7. Pour the batter and spread it over the pan. Cook it on both sides.
Making the Vanilla Pastry Cream:
8. In a pan, heat milk till it is just below the boiling point.
9. Mix egg yolks and sugar till you get a smooth texture.
10. Add flour little by little until well blended.
11. Pour half a cup of hot milk into the mixture. Leave some hot milk in the pan. Put the mixture back into the milk in the pan and whisk constantly.
12. Heat the pan and let the mixture come to a boiling point. Make sure you whisk constantly.
13. Remove pan from flame and whisk in butter and vanilla extract.
14. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pastry cream to avoid from creating a crust.
15. Place it in the refrigerator till it is completely cold.
Making the Chocolate Ganache:
16. In a pan, heat the heavy cream to a boiling point.
17. If using a chocolate bar, chop it into small pieces.
18. Pour hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes.
19. Mix cream and chocolate.
20. Cool the chocolate mixture in the fridge until it becomes thick.
Assemble the cake
21. Layer the crepe with pastry cream and nutrella and similarly add layers of crepe, cream and Nutrella.
22. Top it with Ganache.
23. Place the cake in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
24. Decorate cake with shaped chocolate and powdered sugar.