- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creole Sauce Recipe
|Canned tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2031.7 mg84.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 67.7%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat oil.
2. Add onions and fry it till it becomes light brown in colour.
3. Add all the ingredients except flour and water.
4. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
5. In a bowl, take flour and water and blend it into a smooth paste.
6. Stir into the tomato mixture.
7. Cook it stirring continuously until it thickens.
8. Remove clove and bay leaf and cook for a few more minutes.
9. Serve Creole Sauce with croquettes, vegetables or cutlets.