- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creole Pork and Beans Recipe
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pork and beans||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 66 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 241.7 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 2 g5%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 38.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at (425° F.)
2. In a pan saute bacon until crisp.
3. Remove from pan and break into small pieces.
4. Drain off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
5. Place onion, green pepper and celery in bacon drippings and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, salt and bacon.
7. In a casserole place a layer of pork and beans.
8. Add a layer of vegetable and bacon mixture, then another layer of pork and beans.
9. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake in the preheated hot oven for 30 minutes.
11. Serve with garnish as desired.