- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creole Tomato Soup Recipe
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable juice cocktail||24 Ounce (2 Cans, 12 Ounce Each, About 3 Cups)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned shrimp||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, deveined (1 Can)|
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 702.7 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 59% Vitamin C 83%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in butter or margarine till tender and translucent but not brown.
2. Add vegetable juice cocktail, water, uncooked rice, sugar, salt, thyme, and bay leaf and bring to boiling.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 25 minutes or till rice is tender.
4. Stir in shrimp and heat through.
5. Remove bay leaf before serving.
6. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
7. Serve immediately.