- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
SurfinSapo's Fried Okra Part 2 Recipe Video
|Okra||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Cajun spice||1 Tablespoon (Best Stop Cajun seasoning)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 1061 Calories from Fat 978
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.3%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.37 mg0.12%
Sodium 167 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 19.9%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the okra and pat them dry on paper towels.
2. Cut the okra into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces and put them on a tray to dry.
3. In a large trough, combine milk and Cajun spice seasoning.
4. Toss the okra pieces in the milk and spice mixture.
5. In another trough or box combine the flour and cornmeal.
6. Bread the okra by tossing in the flour mixture, in batches.
7. In the meantime, in a large frying pot, heat up the oil to 350 degree F.
8. When the oil is hot, add the breaded okra pieces, in two batches and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
9. Use a large slotted spoon to remove and drain the fried okra on paper towels.
10. Enjoy the crispy fried okra hot as a snack or appetizer or even as a side if you like.