- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creole Sauce Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||12 Cup (192 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1025 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1551.9 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g71%
Dietary Fiber 42.6 g170.4%
Sugars 87.6 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 78.3% Vitamin C 503.1%
Calcium 61.8% Iron 56.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oil in a 1 Â½-quart saucepan.
2) Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© till the onion has tendered.
3) Add the mushrooms, green pepper and celery. Saute for another 5 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes as well as the reserved liquid along with the broth and bay leaf.
5) Cover the pan and gently simmer the mixture for about 20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
6) Add the salt, pepper and parsley and stir well.
7) Serve as preferred after removing the bay leaf.