- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creole Pancakes Recipe
|Milk||7 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce|
|Butter/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon, melted (plus a little extra)|
|Crushed macaroons||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh pineapple/Diced||1 , diced|
|Apricot jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1702 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.4%
Saturated Fat 28.1 g140.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 477.4 mg
Sodium 585.6 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75%
Sugars 186.4 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 721%
Calcium 43.8% Iron 47.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Keeping aside one egg white, make the pancake batter and stand in a cool place for about 1 hour.
2) Before starting to fry the pancakes, beat the egg till stiff and with the macaroon crumbs and a little kirsch, gently fold into the batter.
3) Stack the done pancakes one top of the other.
4) Set oven at 425° F or Mark 7.
5) In a pan, add the pineapple, some sugar syrup, apricot jam, and kirsch to taste and heat on high.
6) Add 1 tablespoon of the pineapple mix on each pancake, fold in three and arrange in a warm buttered ovenproof dish.
7) Use a little melted butter and brush the pancakes.
8) Dust with icing sugar and place in oven for 2-3 minutes.
9) Add 2-3 tablespoons kirsch into the hot dish and set it alight.