- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Creole Halibut Recipe
|Halibut||1 1⁄2 Pound (Curry Powder - 1 Teaspoon)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, stewed|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (1 Can)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.4%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.5 mg
Sodium 782.7 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 54.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In greased 2-quart utility dish, arrange the halibut and keep aside.
2) In 1-quart casserole, mix the onion, green pepper, celery, garlic and butter together.
3) Cook in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes until green pepper and celery are tender, stirring halfway.
4) Stir in the seasonings, tomatoes and mushrooms then pour over the fish.
5) Cook in the microwave for 7 to 8 minutes or until fish is flakey.
6) Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon wedges and serve immediately.