- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creole Halibut Recipe
|Halibut slices||2 Pound|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato stew||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green peas||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Little Required)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.1%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 133.1 mg44.4%
Sodium 890.9 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 50 g99.8%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 73.7%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a baking dish and arrange the halibut in it along with some salad oil that will coat the bottom of the baking dish.
2) Take a bowl and add the celery, onion, green peppers and garlic along with butter.
3) Cook for 3 minutes and 30 seconds stirring the mixture at the end of every minute.
4) Mix in the Tabasco, tomato stew, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
5) Cook for 10 minutes after spreading the mixture on the halibut.
6) Garnish with green peas and sprinkle lemon juice before serving.