- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creole Fish Stew Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon|
|Fish fillets||1 Pound, cut|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg
Sodium 877 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 28 g56.9%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, combine onions, celery, garlic and oil and microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring twice.
2. Stir in flour and microwave at High for more 1 minute stirring well.
3. Continue to microwave with cover at High stirring in stock, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, marjoram, salt, pepper and bay leaf for 12 to 14 minutes until bubbly, stirring once.
4. Stir in fish and microwave, covered, at High for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork, stirring once.
5. Remove bay leaf and serve the fish spooning around with gravy in a serving platter.