- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creme De Menthe Bavarian Recipe
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green creme de menthe||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1374 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.3%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 546.7 mg
Sodium 897.4 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.24%
Sugars 143.9 g
Protein 67 g134.7%
Vitamin A 29.7% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 118.5% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Freeze 2/3 cup evaporated milk until partially frozen. Combine gelatin, sugar and salt in medium saucepan.
2. Combine eggs, remaining milk and water. Stir into gelatin mixture gradually, blending well.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Cool quickly by placing pan in ice water and stirring frequently.
5. Stir in creme de menthe; continue cooling in water until gelatin begins to thicken.
6. Pour icy cold milk into small bowl of electric mixer; add lemon juice. Beat at high speed until milk is stiff and will hold a peak. Fold in gelatin mixture quickly but thoroughly. Turn into lightly oiled 5-cup mold. Chill for about 6 hours until set. Unmold on serving dish.
7. Serve chilled