- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crème Caramel (Flan) Recipe Video
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or saffron + cardamom)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.7 mg
Sodium 122.8 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 90.7 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. CARAMEL: In a pan, put the sugar, water and lemon juice. On medium heat cook till comes to a boil. Lower the heat and continue to cook till it turns light golden brown.
2. Pour it in ramekins and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
4. FLAN: In a pan, bring milk to boil on medium heat.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl break the eggs. Add the sugar and beat them till combined and forms a whitish mixture.
6. Once the milk begins to boil add the saffron and cardamom (or vanilla extract). Turn off the heat.
7. Slowly pour the milk into the egg mixture and continuously whisk till incorporated.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place them in a baking dish. Pour water till it reaches the base of the ramekins.
9. Bake the mixture for 1 hour or till the flan sets. Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and let it cool for 15 minutes.
10. Put them in the refrigerator to cool for around 1 or 2 hours before serving.
11. Gently separate the edges of the flan from the ramekin using a sharp knife.
12. Place a serving plate over the ramekin and flip it to transfer the flan on the plate. Serve chilled.