- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creme De Menthe Souffle Recipe
|Sugar||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Creme de menthe||2 Tablespoon (liqueur)|
|Green food coloring||3 Drop|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Melted butter/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, finely chopped (25 gram)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Chocolate curls||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2126 Calories from Fat 1487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 167 g257.5%
Saturated Fat 55.2 g275.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 832.4 mg
Sodium 270.5 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 82 g
Protein 37 g73.3%
Vitamin A 36.3% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 28.3% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3 cup souffle dish, tie a broad strip of waxed paper, 2 to 3 inches higher than the dish, around the outer surface of the dish.
2) Lightly brush the inner surface of paper with melted butter or oil.
3) In a heatproof bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar over a pan of gently simmering water, until thick and creamy.
4) Remove from heat and and beat until the mixture is cool.
5) In another heatproof bowl, soften the gelatine in water, then stir over a pan of hot water over a low heat, until the gelatine is dissolved.
6) When slightly cool, stir into the egg yolk mixture along with the liqueur and green food colouring.
7) Beat both the creams together until they hold shape, then fold into the egg yolk mixture.
8) Stiffly beat the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
9) Spoon the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and refrigerate until set.
10) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, then pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
11) Brush the exposed edge of the souffle with little melted butter or oil and press the chopped walnuts around the edge.
12) Pipe rosettes of whipped cream on top, garnish with chocolate curls and serve the Creme De Menthe Souffle on a serving platter.
13) If using the frozen dish, unwrap and remove the paper collar, then thaw in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours. Serve as indicated in step 11 and 12.