- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creme De Coquilles St Jacques Recipe
|Sea scallops||8 Large|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Bread croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1702 Calories from Fat 720
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g125.1%
Saturated Fat 45.7 g228.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 686 mg
Sodium 1405 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.7%
Sugars 32.5 g
Protein 88 g175.9%
Vitamin A 119.9% Vitamin C 189.6%
Calcium 84.5% Iron 48.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the scallops.
2) Peel and finely chop onions.
3) In a saucepan, put the scallops with parsley sprigs and sliced lemon.
4) Drizzle wine and let it simmer then cover the pan cook on low heat until scallops are tender.
5) Remove the pan from heat and take out lemon and parsley.
6) In a skillet, melt butter, stir fry onion until soft and then stir in flour.
7) Cook in low flame stirring constantly and then pour in milk.
8) Keep on stirring until paste turns thick and add in scallops with their liquid.
9) Reheat gently, blend egg yolks with cream and make a smooth taste with a small portion of the hot liquid.
10) Stir in the egg mixture in the soup.
11) Garnish with parsley and serve along with crisp bread croutons.