- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crème Brûlée ( Burnt Cream ) French Recipe Video
|Heavy cream||500 Milliliter|
|Vanilla pod||1 Small|
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.1%
Saturated Fat 32.2 g161.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 544.6 mg
Sodium 74.4 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 37.1 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Warm the milk along with cream and vanilla pod, allow it to steep and bring almost to a boil, after that turn off the heat.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and keep it aside and in a large bowl combine 8 yolks and the sugar 2/3 cup, stir and then once the milk mixture is hot remove the vanilla pod and combine the milk and the egg mixture in the bowl.
3. Pour the mixture in small oven dish or ramekins which could hold about 5 fl oz (150 ml).
4. Cook them in a bain-marie, so take a baking pan which is half filled with boiling water and then place the small oven dish in it.
5. Once done bake in a static oven at 350°F (180°C) for 50-60 minutes, until you see small brown spots appear on the surface.
6. Let the dish cool down completely still in the water, once cooled with the help of a
culinary torch, caramelize the surface but before that sprinkle some cane sugar or regular sugar on the surface.
7. Serve after a lovely hearty meal.
If you want to make it in advance, keep it in the fridge but remember to càramelize only at the moment of serving.