- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creme Brulee Recipe Video
|Heavy ceam||1 Pint|
|Vanilla extarct/Vanilla bean||2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 444
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.5%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 442 mg
Sodium 56.6 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 41.8% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree C or 325 degree F.
2. Place a sauce pan on medium heat, pour heavy cream in it.
3. Add vanilla, stir, and leave it to scald.
4. In a large bowl, add egg yolk, and sugar. Whisk just to combine.
5. Pour little heavy mixture and temper egg.
6. Whisk, and pour the remaining heavy cream mixture into the bowl.
7. In a mug, strain the mixture. Using a blow torch remove the bubbles, if any.
8. Into ramekins, pour the mixture.
9. Place ramekins into baking tray. Fill ½ of the tray with boiling water.
10. Pop it in oven, and cook for 30-40 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, and let it cool in pan for 15 minutes.
12. Then, place ramekins in refrigerator for 3-5 hours or overnight.
13. One hour before serving, lay brown sugar on foil, and let it dry for 30 minutes. Mix it between to dry evenly
14. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of ramekins. Spread it evenly.
15. With blow torch, caramelize sugar. You can also put it in the grill. Let it rest for 20-30 seconds. Repeat.
16. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
17. Serve crème brulee immediately.
Egg yolks should not have bubbles on top.