- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creme Anglaise Recipe Video
|Full fat milk||500 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||75 Gram|
|Vanilla pod||1 Medium|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1047 Calories from Fat 418
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.4%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1318.9 mg
Sodium 619.9 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 104.3 g
Protein 54 g107.7%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 75% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the eggs, leaving the whites for another recipe, and leaving the yolks in a clean bowl.
2. Pour the milk into a heavy-based saucepan.
3. Cut the vanilla pod in half lengthways.
4. Scrape out the seeds and add to the milk.
5. Also add the empty pod.
6. Place the milk onto the hob and bring almost to the boil.
7. Add the sugar to the egg yolks and whisk until light in color.
8. Just before the milk comes to the boil, remove from the heat and slowly pour over the egg and sugar mixture, stirring all the time with a clean wooden spoon.
9. Return to the saucepan and put it back on the hob over a gentle heat, stirring all the time until the custard becomes thick enough to coat the back of your spoon without allowing the custard to boil.
10. Remove the creme anglais from the hob and pass through a fine strainer lined with muslin into a clean jug.
11. Serve the creme anglais warm as a custard sauce or chill until required.