- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creature Wings and Bog Dip Recipe
|Chicken wings||3 1⁄2 Pound (20 nos.)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated fresh ginger/Ground ginger - 1/2 teaspoon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Five spice powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Mustard||3 Tablespoon, coarsely ground|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 102.3 mg
Sodium 866.2 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 37 g74.7%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Keep the wings in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
2. Take a small bowl and mix soy sauce, ginger, crushed red pepper, five spice powder and garlic. Pour over wings. Close bag and toss to coat.
3. Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
4. 15 minutes prior to cooking, pre-heat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
5. Remove wings from bag, reserve the marinade. Keep the wings on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
6. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade (discard remaining marinade).
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
8. As the chicken bakes, prepare the Bog Dip. In a small bowl stir together a 8-ounce container of dairy sour cream and 3 tablespoons coarse ground mustard. Garnish with fresh whole chives.
9. Serve the Creature Wings hot with the Bog Dip.
Image Courtesy: carolband.wordpress.com