- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooked Cream of Potato Soup Recipe Video
|Potato||5 Medium, peeled and cubed|
|Cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz) (10 3/4 ounce)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped|
|Instant potato flakes||6 5⁄8 Ounce (1 pack)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (for garnish)|
|Green onion||1 Medium, sliced (for garnish)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.2 mg11.1%
Sodium 489.9 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 48.9%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Melt butter in heavy sautepan. Saute Chopped Onion, celery and bell pepper untill brown.
2) Add Minced garlic, Flour in sautepan; stir very well. Add chicken stock and diced potatoes. Sprinkle seasoning and Boil for 20 minutes.
3) Pour half and half, milkmaid and simmer at low for about 10 minutes
4) Add crabmeat to saucepan, cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add salt and white pepper.
7) Ladle the soup into warm soup bowl and serve while the dish is still hot and fresh. Garnish with chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
If you like this video, please remember to visit CajunCookingTV for more videos from Cajuncookingtv.