- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bhal's Creamy Potato Soup Recipe Video
|White flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), chopped finely|
|Jalapeno/Green chili||1 , chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, cracked|
|Cilantro||1⁄6 Cup (2.67 tbs) (to garnish)|
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.5 mg
Sodium 345.3 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, melt butter. Add onions and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in garlic and flour, cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, stir well and simmer for 5 minutes. Season it with salt, pepper and jalapeno. Mix well.
3. Add milk and water. Bring everything to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and transfer it to a serving container. Season with more salt and pepper, if need.
5. In a blender, put 2/3 of the solids from the soup mix and blend until smooth. Return it to the serving container.
6. Garnish the soup with cilantro.
7. Serve the hot Potato Soup with toast or croutons.