- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Cauliflower & Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Jalapeno||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|White flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Black peppe||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Jack cheese||2 Ounce|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (to garnish)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (to garnish)|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.7 mg
Sodium 498.3 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 75.4%
Calcium 33% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil and sauté the onion. Add jalapeno, ginger and garlic and stir well.
2. Stir in the white flour, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add cauliflower and season it with salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Cook for 4 minutes. In a bowl, transfer 1/6 th portion of the mixture and set aside.
4. To the remaining mixture, add milk and water. Mix well and bring to a boil.
5. Transfer it to a blender and add cheddar cheese and jack cheese. Blend until smooth.
6. In a serving dish, pour the mixture and add in the reserved cauliflower mix. Garnish with cilantro and sharp cheddar cheese.
7. Serve the warm Cauliflower soup with cheddar triscuits and enjoy.