- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Vanilla Filling Recipe
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Lemon juice||3 Teaspoon|
|Hot milk||6 Tablespoon (Do Not Boil)|
|Creamy vanilla filling||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2290 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 665.1 mg
Sodium 1341.9 mg55.9%
Total Carbohydrates 482 g160.8%
Dietary Fiber 41.6 g166.2%
Sugars 320.4 g
Protein 64 g128.3%
Vitamin A 233.2% Vitamin C 228.2%
Calcium 69.5% Iron 235.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add sugar gradually to the beaten eggs, beating until very thick and piled softly. Mix in lemon juice.
3. Sprinkle dry ingredients over egg mixture about one fourth at a time; gently fold in until just blended after each addition.
4. Add hot milk all at one time and quickly mix just until smooth. Turn batter into 2 greased (bottom only) 9-inch layer cake pans.
5. Bake at 375°F 15 to 25 minutes, or until cake tests done.
6. Cool 8 to 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
7. Place one cake layer on serving plate and spread with chilled filling. Cover with second cake layer. Sift confectioners' sugar over top of cake. For a lacy design, sift confectioners' sugar over a lace paper doily on top of cake; carefully remove doily.