- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Tofu Pot Pies Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tofu||250 Gram, cubed|
|Nutritional yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegan butter||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Celery||100 Gram, diced|
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mixed vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bell seasoning/Dried powdered sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 801 Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1021 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.4%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 51% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 10% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 400F.
2. Heat a deep skillet on medium high, pour oil and let it heat up, once heated add the tofu.
3. Fry the tofu until its light brown and crispy, once cooked, put it on a paper towel and drain it.
4. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
5. To the same skillet, add vegan butter, melt it and add onion and celery to it.
6. Now add more vegan butter and melt that down, sprinkle the flour , pour in the vegetable stock and keep stirring it.
7. Now add the mixed vegetables and fold in the tofu, sprinkle the bell seasoning and season with kosher salt and pepper.
8. Lower the heat and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
9. Place the puff pastry on an aluminium lined baking sheet, pop them in the oven and cook them for 25 minutes.
10. Now add fresh parsley to the tofu filling and give it a good stir.
11. Take some portion of the gravy filling and fill up the pasty cups.
12. Serve this pot pie is wonderful on biscuits or rice.