- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Sweet Sour Coleslaw Recipe
|Finely grated cabbage||2 Quart (Moderately)|
|Finely grated onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Bermuda Or Spanish)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and grated moderately fine|
|Minced sweet green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Sandwich spread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Relish Type)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.9 mg
Sodium 712.1 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 131.5% Vitamin C 303.5%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large salad serving bowl, combine all the prepared and cut vegetables.
2. To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, combine sandwich spread, sour cream, vinegar and seasonings.
3. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients into a smooth consistency.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables.
5. Toss the salad well using salad prongs.
6. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or prepare the salad as close to the serving time to keep them fresh and crisp.
7. Toss the salad in the bowl well before serving.