- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Spinach Flan Recipe
|Flour||1⁄2 Pound (Basic Short Crust Pastry Dough)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Diced cooked ham||4 Ounce|
|Softened cream cheese||6 Ounce|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.5 mg
Sodium 484.4 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 119.5% Vitamin C 26.6%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Using the rolled dough sheet line 8 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
3) Reserve the trimmings.
4) In a bowl, beat well together spinach, ham, cheese and seasoning.
5) Spoon the spinach mixture into the pastry case.
6) Using a 2 inch plain cutter, cut the rolled out the dough trimmings and cut out circles.
7) Place the dough circles around the edge, overlapping the circles.
8) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
9) Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 25 minutes more or until the filling is set.
10) Allow to cool over a wire rack.
11) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the flan until firm, and remove from the ring.
12) Wrap the flan individually in foil and pack in freezer bag.
13) Seal, label and return to freezer.
14) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley of desired.
15) If using the frozen flan, take off the wrapping and place on the baking pan and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
16) Reheat in the preheated moderate oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
17) Serve as mentioned in step 14.