- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), heated|
|Potatoes||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
Calories 81 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 64.7 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F before baking.
2) In a small saucepan, over low heat, heat margarine until bubbly and then mix in flour, salt, and pepper.
3) SautÃ© the mixture for 2 minutes and then pour in milk.
4) Stir cook the mixture until it is smooth and thickened and then take off from heat.
5) Take a shallow 1-quart casserole and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
6) Spread half of the potatoes in casserole in a layer and then top with half of the diced onion.
7) Mix in sauce and then spoon half over onion layer.
8) Continue layers with remaining potatoes, onion, and sauce.
9) Bake the casserole, covered for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
10) Take off the cover and again bake for about 10 minutes longer until golden.
11) Serve hot.