- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Rice and Mango Recipe Video
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mangoes||2 Medium, peeled|
|Coconut milk||200 Milliliter|
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15.8 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 53.1 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 67.5%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Spread the shredded coconut evenly over the baking tray and put the tray to bake
in the oven preheated at 190ºC for about 10 minutes, until slightly golden. Remove and cool. Set aside for garnish. You can also make this and store in airtight container.
2. Combine rice, sugar and water in a pan. Mix well and bring to boil.
3. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed by the rice.
4. Stir in the coconut milk. Always put the coconut milk at the end to keep all the flavors and aroma intact.
5. Serve this dish warm or cold, topped with the mango slices and garnished with the oven-toasted shredded coconut on top.
6. This is best served as a dessert, though it can also be served as a side dish.