- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Pralines Recipe
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4260 Calories from Fat 1894
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 224 g345.3%
Saturated Fat 39.3 g196.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114 mg
Sodium 202.8 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 577 g192.2%
Dietary Fiber 25 g99.8%
Sugars 535.1 g
Protein 36 g71.4%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 64.3% Iron 38.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy Dutch oven, add sugar, milk, butter and corn syrup. Mix thoroughly.
2) Place over heat and bring to a boil.
3) Fold in pecans and cook by occasional stirring, for some time until the mixture turns into a soft-ball stage (234°).
4) Remove from heat and keep on beating for another 2-3 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
5) Use a lightly buttered waxed paper to drop mixture with a rounded tablespoon.
6) Allow to cool before serving.