- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Potato Soup with Sausage and Spinach Recipe Video
|Russet potato||4 Medium|
|Smoked turkey sausage||8 Ounce, diced|
|Baby spinach leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|White onion/Yellow onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Salt||To Taste (Other(Full absorption))|
|Liquid smoke||2 Dash|
|Paprika||To Taste (regular/ smoked)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg
Sodium 868.6 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 49% Vitamin C 45.4%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the potatoes. Poke holes in them with a fork.
2. Microwave for around 20 minutes or till tender.
3. In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add all the chopped sausage, spinach, onion and garlic.
4. Saute on medium heat till onion are tender and translucent. Set aside.
5. Cut the cooked potato and scrape out the flesh into a bowl.
6. Mash it well with small chunks or creamy as desired.
7. Transfer it into a pan/ pot on medium heat.
8. Pour chicken broth and stir till combined.
9. Add the cream cheese and stir till it melts completely.
10. Return the sautéed vegetable into the potato-cheese mix. Stir to combine.
11. Season with black pepper, salt, paprika and liquid smoke. Stir to mix well till incorporated.
12. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
13. In a serving bowl, serve the soup with choice of crispy bread or as it is.