- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Potato Soup Recipe Video
|Bacon slices||8 Medium|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), mashed (can use leftover)|
|Cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, canned|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.8 mg6.9%
Sodium 857.3 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
2. Remove bacon and set aside and reserve the drippings.
3. In the same pan, sauté the onion in bacon drippings for bout 5 minutes or until soft remove and drain.
4. In a large saucepan, combine all the remaining ingredients and place on medium heat.
5. Crumble in bacon; add in onion and allow to simmer until heated through for about 20 minutes.
6. Ladle the soup in warm soup bowl and serve hot.