- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Pistachio Pesto with Brown Rice Recipe Video
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Pistachio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Miso paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
|Cherry tomatoes||200 Gram, sliced in half length wise|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
Calories 1358 Calories from Fat 616
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.7%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 877.9 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 23 g46.8%
Vitamin A 47% Vitamin C 60.1%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, pour some water, pop the brown rice, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
2. In a food processor, put the raw garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and blend together.
3. Pop in the pistachio, fresh basil leaves, miso pasta, salt & pepper and blend all of it together to form a creamy pesto consistency.
4. Once the rice is cooked and pesto is ready, mix it all together.
5. Pop in the sliced cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives and give it a good mix.
6. Garnish with basil and the remaining pistachios.
7. Serve with warm or cold for lunch or dinner.