- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Pepper Soup Recipe Video
|Sweet butter||50 Gram|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic clove||3 , sliced|
|Crescendo sweet pointed peppers||8 1⁄2 Cup (136 tbs), roasted/peeled and seeded|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|35% cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grainy mustard||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Salt and cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 355.2 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 350.3%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Roast Crescendo™ peppers in oven until skins are blistered (30 minutes) let cool, peel and seed.
3. In a large pot sauté onions and garlic in sweet butter. Add Crescendo™ peppers.
4. Deglaze with white wine. Add chicken stock and cream. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
5. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, green onions and grainy mustard.
7. Serve soup, garnishing with a dollop of grainy mustard sour cream, and a slice of multigrain loaf or homemade corn bread.