- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Penuche Recipe
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (Do Not Use Margarine)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White chocolate/White baking bar||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Walnuts||6 Ounce, toasted and coarsely chopped (1 1/2 Cups)|
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.3%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.2 mg
Sodium 33.2 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 80.2 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 8% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In heavy 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cream, corn syrup, and granulated and brown sugars; cook over high heat, stirring, until sugars have completely dissolved and mixture is bubbling. With pastry brush dipped in cold water, wash down sugar crystals on side of the saucepan.
3. Set candy thermometer in place; continue cooking, without stirring, until temperature reaches 234° to 240°F (soft-ball stage), 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove saucepan from heat. Without stirring, cool mixture to 210°F, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle chopped white chocolate over mixture; let stand 1 minute.
5. With wooden spoon, stir in walnuts just until mixed (do not overmix). Immediately pour mixture into prepared pan (do not scrape mixture from saucepan).
6. Cool in pan on wire rack until firm but still warm, about 30 minutes. Remove candy from pan by lifting edges of foil and place on cutting board. Cut into 8 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 pieces. Cool completely on foil on wire rack. With spatula, lift candy away from foil. Layer between waxed paper in airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 3 weeks.