- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Pasta, Sausage and Tomato Skillet Meal: Easy Weekday Dinner Idea Recipe Video
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Farfalle||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (mini bow-tie pasta)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Turkey sausage||8 Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Dried red pepper||1 Pinch|
|Tomato||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Five blend italian cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3042 Calories from Fat 1648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 181 g279.2%
Saturated Fat 87.9 g439.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 601.1 mg200.4%
Sodium 2952.6 mg123%
Total Carbohydrates 230 g76.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.6%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 113 g225.5%
Vitamin A 178.6% Vitamin C 106%
Calcium 143.5% Iron 114%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow bottomed pan, bring about 4 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add the mini bow-tie pasta and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and set it aside.
3. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet and add chunks of smoked turkey sausage into it and brown them up.
4. Add in some fresh garlic and give it a stir until fragrant.
5. Toss in the diced onion and cook until they are tender and translucent.
6. Put red pepper flakes, tomatoes and pour in the heavy whipping cream and stir to mix well.
7. Simmer for around 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
8. Add the cooked pasta into the sauce and stir well.
9. Sprinkle the five blend Italian cheese and stir and garnish with some parsley.
10. In a serving plate, serve the pasta as a complete meal or with some sweet peas as a side dish.