- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy New England Chicken Chowder Recipe
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Scallions||6 , trimmed and thinly sliced (White And Green Parts)|
|Corn kernels||10 Ounce, frozen, thawed (1 Package)|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (Breasts Or Thighs, Skinless, Boneless)|
|Canned evaporated skim milk/Low-fat milk||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon, dried|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Crackers||3 , garnish (Soda Or Oyster, As Required, For Garnish)|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.7 mg
Sodium 654.3 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.1%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, cook the bacon over a medium heat, until crisp.
2) Stir in the scallions and saute for 1 minute until just soft .
3) Stir in the corn, thyme and broth, allow to simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the chicken and simmer covered for 3 to 5 minutes until cook through.
5) Stir in the evaporated milk and simmer uncovered for 1 minute until thoroughly heated.
6) Season with the salt to taste and stir in the red pepper flakes.
7) Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley.
8) Ladle the soup into soup bowls, crumble over the crackers and serve immediately.