- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|Russet potatoes||2 Pound, peeled, chopped|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.3 mg
Sodium 2446.2 mg101.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large pot of water over high flame and bring to a boil.
2. Drop potatoes and salt in boiling water. Give it a good stir. Boil for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well.
3. Using sieve, potato ricer or food mill, mash potatoes until nice and creamy.
4. Add butter and 1/4 cup of heavy cream to start. If you find the potatoes need to be creamier then add in more heavy cream until desired creaminess is reached.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve mashed potatoes with homemade gravy.