- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Potato Soup Recipe Video
|Potato||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium|
|Fresh spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet potato||1 Medium|
|Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.1%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.4 mg
Sodium 1319.5 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.7%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 242.1% Vitamin C 113%
Calcium 52.1% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat soup pot, and add oil.
2. Add veggies (all but garlic), salt and pepper.
4. Cover (so veggies steam a bit) and cook over med heat about 10 minutes (or until veggies are mostly soft), stirring occasionally.
5. Add garlic and seasonings.
6. Cook 2-3 minutes.
7. Add wine or vinegar, scraping off any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan for2 minutes.
8. Add potatoes, milk and stock. Bring to a boil. Add spinach and herbs, cook 3 minutes.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Carefully puree using an immersion blender (or regular blender, working in batches, with the center part of the lid removed – hold a towel over the opening).
11. Stir in cheese and remaining vinegar.
12. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
13. Serve with crostinis or crusty bread.
If you don’t have any leftover mashed potatoes, chop up 3-4 potatoes and add with the rest of the veggies!
For more information, visit the blog entry Mashed Potato Soup.